Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Guest Post: Cluttered Closet's February Wishlist

Hiya, this is Kal from Cluttered Closet. For those of you who already read my blog, you will know that I love nothing more than a good base product and skincare. So it will be no surprise to you that this February, my Beauty Wishlist comprises of exactly those two things! Enjoy!

Beauty Wishlish Feb 2014


1. Zelens 3T Complex Essential Anti-Aging Cream (Space NK, £95) : If this time last year you had told me that I would be lusting after a £95 face cream I would have probably said something rather rude followed by "Do you know how many Nando's £95 can buy me??". In all honesty, even my beauty lover self probably wouldn't want this if it wasn't for the fact that I received a sample in a Space NK GWP bag. I can see why it carries such a hefty price tag as it transformed my skin in the space of a few days. My skin was smooth and supple and, for the first time in 10 years, I felt like I had skin worthy of no make up. Unfortunately, like with all free good things, the sample came to an end and I have been lusting after it since. Well it is my birthday this month, so hopefully someone's having a little read...

2. Korres White Tree Fluid Gel Cleanser (Feel Unique, £15.99) : Another skincare lust is this bottle of joy. I am always after a new cleanser, despite the fact that I have about fifteen million cleansers to get through. The skincare junkie in me is always trying to find the next best thing to clear up my adult/teenage skin. Korres is a brand which I have yet to try and I've been seeing it pop up all over the place. My friend has been using this little beauty and once I'd had a sniff of this stuff, I was pretty sure I needed it sometime soon. Once my Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Cleanser is finished, this slightly foam-ier cleanser would be perfect to use with my old friend Clari.

3.Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer (John Lewis, £21) : My sole mission in life is to find a concealer heavy duty enough to cover the under-eye luggage I have. I suffer from hereditary dark circles and have had a number of swatches of this one and it seems pretty good. In fact I've swatched it so many times at the same counter that the man is starting to look at me slightly oddly. #bbloggerproblems. It seems to be incredibly pigmented and if its anything like the other products in the range it will not budge all day. I have the Double Wear concealer that comes in a tube and love it, so this is definitely one for me to buy soon. 

4. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (Feel Unique, £5.99) : I recently took the plunge and tried a sponge make up applicator in the form of the Models Own Beauty Sponge. If you have read my review of it, you will know I wasn't all that impressed (review can be found here). In the comments, and on Twitter, a number of people recommended this sponge and said it worked really well for them. I already love the Real Techniques brushes so I am eager to give this one a shot. As one last attempt to fall in love with sponges before I fully commit heart, body and soul to brushes. 

5. Sleek Matte Me Lipstick (Superdrug, £4.99) : I am a hoarder of lipsticks. The amount of repeat colours I have is not even a joke any more. Whenever I go anywhere near a make up stand, I gravitate towards lipsticks. Even though I know I have way too many. I have had my eye on the Sleek Matte Me's for a few months and for some bizarre reason haven't actually purchased them. I recently tried a similar drugstore product in the shape of the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquers and am in love with them (post on the blog here). So I'm pretty sure over the next month I will pick this one up. Or should I say all the available shades even if they do not go with my skintone. 

6. theBalm BalmShelter Tinted Moisturiser (Feel Unique, £17.50) : Now that it is coming up to Spring, I am going to start switching up base products and looking for tinted moisturisers. Now that my skin is starting to look a bit better, I feel okay with having a lighter base. I have been eyeing up this product since I purchased the Mary Lou-Manizer and Frat Boy Blush. I am intrigued by the fact that, unlike many tinted moisturisers, this comes in a variety of colours so maybe my Olive skin will be well catered for. As with all products only available online, it is difficult however to make sure you pick up the right colour. So if you know of any blogs where this has been swatched or reviewed please send them my way! 

What is on your Wishlist this February? Have you tried any of my lusted for items? Comment below, visit my blog or tweet me: @clutteredc

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah! I can't wait to get my hands on all the colours. Hope you enjoyed the post! Kal x

      Clutteredcloset.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I've loved every Korres product I've tried so you can add another recommendation to your list! I love the packaging on the theBalm stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to try the korres stuff!!!! And I've been cheekily looking at them on asos too. Dangerous! X

      Kal
      Clutteredcloset.co.uk

      Delete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig