Sunday, 9 February 2014

Guest Post: Polkadella


Hello!
I’m Daniella and I blog over on polkadella, and the lovely Hannah has given me the opportunity of a little guest post on here blog. Thanks Hannah!



I have a new obsession so it’s only fitting to share. Purple lipsticks, I just cannot get enough of them.
Purple lipsticks you say? Yep that’s right. It’s not the most subtle of shades but when worn right I think it really gives some pow to a look.

  

 Let’s talk about the few I currently have in my collection


Maybelline Baby Lips – Berry Bomb (electric collection)
Starting safe with some balms. I’m not afraid to express my love for the Baby Lip ranges available. I have been lucky enough to receive a couple of the US Electric range in a beauty swap. This shade is a sheer purple with a lovely scent of berry goodness. Easy for a quick sweep of colour without going to a big fuss.
 I actually use this as a base for most of my purple lip products.
You can get it on eBay here 


Maybelline Baby Lips – Grape Vine
Another shade which I haven’t seen in Boots or Superdrug, I think this is from a limited edition range but I’m not 100% on that.  This I also received in a beauty swap. You can never have too many lip balms, especially ones that are Grape scented. Again another lip prep balm. I also like to wear the balms alone on them days when a lipstick is just too much maintenance.
I have seen this on eBay here

Revlon Matte Balm – Shameless
This one is hot on the shelves as it’s only just been released in the UK, I got my hands on this over December. The last couple of weeks this has been my go to purple. I love the scent, I love the shade and most of all I love the matte finish. With this particular product you don’t need to layer it on as it does start to look drying on the lips. I like to apply softly around the lip line then fill in.
Get it here £7.99 currently on 3 for 2 so why not get more shades

Collection 2000 Little Mix – Perrie
This is the core reason I started a new love for the colour purple on my lips.
When this range launched I really wasn’t fazed until I saw this particular shade popping up on blog posts and immediately needed it. After a couple weeks of disappointment I finally got my mitts on it. Not only is purse friendly, the colour beautiful but it applies easy peasy and is ever so pigmented but if that wasn’t enough..it has a semi matte finish which is riiiight up my current street. I would love to try the other shades from the range offered.
Get it here £2.99
  

MUA Luxe – Kooky
Of course an MUA product would have to be included. For anyone who hasn’t yet seen the lip lacquers knocking around I suggest you try them out. With five shades available and a bargain alternative to the much loved Lime Crime Velvetines. This is the daring garish shade of the bunch and probably my least worn. However when worn very lightly (blotted once or twice) It looks fabulous. Liquid to matte wonderfulness.
Get it here and here £3.00

Fearne Cotton Kiss & Tell – (no shade name)
My last offering is from a set I grabbed after Christmas. None other than the much loved Radio 1 DJ Fearne Cotton. I’ve wanted to try her sets for a while, especially her lip ones. This is an all matte set containing four shades with no names. This is the darkest shade, its more of a berry purple but it is still very relevant. The only thing about these are they are a bit tough so a quick balm underneath to loosen them up is required.

This set may still be hiding in various Boots, otherwise no more Cotton until next Christmas.






Whilst browsing my purple wonderland I came across my two current favourite nail pairings. Which are also purple..funny that.
These are both from Barry M also, my old pal.

Barry M - Berry Cosmo & Royal Glitter Countess
Both look lovely alone but paired together give that extra something something.
Berry Cosmo is a deep but also bright purple which was created with the help of Cosmopolitan.
Countess is a mix toned sand glitter with purples and bronzes streaming through, really pretty.


OOPS, did anyone notice my polishes starting to leak all over the place?

Not quite 50 shades but well on the way.
Enjoy the rest of your day and if you’d like to see more from me I’m here






SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love the baby lips x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig