Tuesday, 27 May 2014

New Release | Collection Mardi Gras Range

I have only been to one Mardi Gras in my time and I don't think you can class it as an authentic one. The one I went to was at Universal Studios when I was about 15 so it wasn't the truly glamorous one that springs to mind when you think of Brazilian Models dancing away in Rio. What I can remember from this American Mardi Gras was there was a lot of colourful things, lots of beads, lots of dancing and for the adults, a hell of a lot of alcohol.

So with the typically Brazilian Carnival and of course that big football tournament thingy majig coming up in Rio itself, Collection didn't miss a trick when it came to their new Mardi Gras range* and what a lovely colourful looking range it is. In this new release there are two new lovely products, the Mardi Gras Nail Polishes and the Mardi Gras Lip Balms (all £1.99 each).


Now, I will be doing reviews on both these products very very soon but I thought I would just give you a quick little post giving you the run down of the new range first. Each section of the new range has 3 different options, and they are all equally as amazing.

So let's start with the nails polishes. Well...the colours are jut to die for. Coming in 'White Out,' 'Canary Yellow,' and 'Green with Envy' these three colours definitely give off the Brazilian Mardi Gras Carnival vibe, not only on their own but mixed together too. To get the real Mardi Gras vibe I feel using a different colour on each finger is a good way to go, or if you are a nail art kinda gal then using all the colours on one finger would create an amazing look. All these colours compliment each other so well that doing a bit of nail art would be amazing.


Next we come to the Lip Balms which all smell completely divine. The three options are 'Green Apple,' 'Strawberry' and 'Orange.' I would say the 'Green Apple' smells a little more like Watermelon to me but it smells incredible none the less. Each Lip Balm comes in a different colour depending on its scent but none of them transfer any colour onto the lip, they just leave them with the perfect shine.


As the Mardi Gras look is all about vibrant colours mixed with a sunny glow this Collection range has definitely managed to mix the two. The Nail Varnishes definitely bring that eye-popping colour and the varnishes definitely give a glowing shine.

This range hasn't hit the shops yet but you guys don't have too long to wait as these Collection Mardi Gras products hit Superdrug on the 4th of June and Boots on the 11th of June. I can't wait to test these products properly. I have had a little dabble but not tried them properly, and I can't wait to review them in full.

Are you excited about the Collection Mardi Gras range? Let me know which looks like your favourite?

Thanks for reading and major thank you to Collection!
Hannah xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I can't wait to try this! Love the look of the polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of the nail polishes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look pretty cool. I can't wait to read your reviews on them.
    Hayley \\ http://pocketn0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look pretty nice! Glad the lip balms smell yummy :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I haven't heard of this range. Wondering why they bother with coloured lip balms if they aren't tinted lol. I will probably still be heading over and having a little sniff. Great post and thanks for the heads up :)

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig