Sunday, 25 May 2014

Review | Topshop Blush in Good Girl

The other day I might have gone on a bit of a shopping spree and I'm justifying it to myself my saying I haven't done one in a while...oh the things we will let ourselves believe. A few pairs of shoes and a top later my boyfriend had just about had enough BUT I managed to quickly drag him into Topshop.

For the first time in, well ever, I walked past all of the clothes (much to my boyfriends shock and delight) and headed straight for the make up section. Topshop make up has never really appealed to me before as I think it's too expensive for high street but wouldn't have the same quality as high end. However the fact it has been popping up in more and more blog posts recently made it finally get my attention. 

As my obsession with lipstick grows I took a look at those first but sadly couldn't find a colour that I liked or didn't have a similar one in my collection, soooo I headed to the blushes and was in awe. I struggled to pick one and as I was only limiting myself to one, I had a tough decision to make.  I am loving pink blushes at the moment though so I was won over by 'Good Girl'.


This shade reminds me of 'Stay Pretty' by Mac which is one of my favourite blushes, however 'Good Girl' has a slightly paler hue to it. When looking at it in daylight I can see a few little sprinkles of glitter but they certainly don't show up on the skin. Although I originally thought this would be quite a glowy blush it does seem to be more on the matte finish once on the skin. The texture is nice and silky too which is always a positive in my book. 

This blush is great to apply as the product is easily picked up by a brush. There is also little to no wasted product which is amazing. I hate it when powders produce loads of excess when swirled with a brush and that certainly doesn't happen here. The pigmentation is also pretty darn decent too. With one swish you have a nice subtle pink sheen to the cheek, but this can easily be built up to a strong but undramatic colour too. 


I love the packaging of this product. It's simple but beautiful and that goes for the box it comes in too. My only little annoyance is that I put this blush in my bag and it came out with weird green marks on the lid (see the picture below). It must have been rubbing against other things which has made the packaging either stain or rub away. As I don't have any green things in my bag I'm guessing it's the latter, which makes me think the packaging isn't very protected...if that makes sense.


All in all I am in love with this Topshop Blush and would highly recommend it. This blush has made me want to try out more of their make up...I feel a Oxford Street trip is now on the cards. Next on my wish list is the Blush in 'Let Her Go.' 

Have you tried any Topshop blushes? What's your favourite make up product from Topshop and what would you recommend? Let me know below.

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. What a cute colour :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks such a lovely blush! I've never tried their powder blushes before but I can really recommend their cream blushes. I have the shade flush and absolutely love it! x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try anything from the TopShop makeup line and now it's all I want to do! *__*

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww it looks like a lovely pink!


    Hannah xx

    RaspberryKitsch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try this i haven't used any of their products but they are getting some really good reviews. You will have to let us know how it is on/how well it stays put etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this before, it is gorgeous, love pink!

    Pink Polka Dot & Popcorn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Topshop makeup have such cute packaging, I love the design of their lipsticks and they also have great fun shades.

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Topshop make-up. I need to try their blushes! These look lovely xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blush looks so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so gorgeous. Topshop makeup is becoming so raved about lately. I need to go and have a look again! Great packaging too, shame about the green marks - that's annoying xx

    Kate | raspberrycheeks

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig