Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Kat Von D hits the UK

If you haven't been living under a rock over the last week you will have heard the news which is like music to any beauty bloggers ears. You'll know that Kat Von D beauty is now, fiiiinally, available in the UK thanks to Debenhams online. 

If you didn't already know, Kat Von D make up has a super cult following in the US due to its high pigmentation, amazing longevity and great coverage. The fact we can now pick it up in the UK makes me happier than words could ever describe. 

I am very lucky to have been able to pick up some Kat Von D make up when I visited New York last year and here are the products that I recommend you defiantly pick up now we don't have to pay crazy delivery charges from Sephora. 

Kat Von D Beauty hits the UK

If you only pick up one thing then you need to get the Shade and Light Eye Contour palette. I haven't seen any other palette that has such lovely shades where each one is actually wearable. Not only are they amazing quality but truly last all day. The range of colours go from neutrals to rusts to your standard smokey eye shades. To me, this palette has all the crucial shades you need to make any amazing eye look. They blend amazingly, have a lovely soft buttery feel and have no fall down when applying. Even better, they're laid out in a style that makes it easy to pick shades that go well together. Also, just a little note, all shades are matte which is an absolute must for me. 

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Shadow Palette Review

My next recommendation would be that you pick up any of the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. Although these aren't as long lasting as the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain, the longevity of the Kat Von D Everlastig Liquid Lipstick is incredible. They don't dry the lips out at all and have never creased or cracked on me. The shade range is amazing too. You've probably heard all the buzz about the shades Lolita and Lolita II and if you want my honest opinion, if you were only going to pick one, I'd go for the Lolita II because it's a much more flattering shade - for all skin tones. I also have Beloved, a lovely pinky/orangey shade, which I'd definitely recommend. 

Kat Von D long Everlasting lipstick review

You've also probably heard all the hype about the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour palette and yes it is incredible, but...if I was very honest with myself I could have probably lived without picking it up. Don't get me wrong, I use Subconscious and Shadowplay (the two lightest matte contour shades) all the time and totally love them, but Sombre is way too dark for me. I do try and use the highlighter shades and, although I'm not one for adding shimmer to my already shiny face, I do occasionally like to add a bit of extra glow. These highlighters are super matte and I think they don't really seem to do what they are meant to. I don't really notice when I'm wearing them and can't see the difference from when I am compared to when I'm not. Lyric is great for setting concealer as is almost like a banana powder, but if Subconscious and Shadowplay were sold separately I would be much happier with just having those two shades. Obviously if you are an MUA or hugely into contouring then you would 100% benefit from having the Shade and Light Contour palette in your kit. 

Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette Review

Finally, the Kat Von D Lock It Creme Concealer is a great one for those who have dark circles and want their concealer to last all day. This concealer blends into the skin lovely and doesn't cease at all. Like with all of Kat Von D's make up it's known for being extremely long lasting and very high coverage. It really is a great concealer but features at the bottom of my recommendations as I am a huge concealer addict and although I love this one, I do have others I prefer as my dark circles are beyond extreme. Saying that I do use this everyday with other concealers, you know, to really build that coverage. 

Kat Von D Lock It In Creme Concealer Review

So that's it, my top picks for what you should be buying now we have access to the wonder that is Kat Von D Beauty. I have just order some of the foundation, fingers crossed I picked the right shade, so I will have to let you know my thoughts on that. Update from when I drafted this post this morning, it turns out there was an issue on the website and the pictures didn't match the actual shade so I'm getting it for free, plus the shade I actually want - that's amazing customer service if you ask me. 


Have you tried any Kat Von D make up? What are you favourite products and shades? Have you ordered anything from Debenhams today or will you be making an order soon? Let me know below. 


Thanks for reading
Hannah xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig