Sunday, 11 September 2016

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo Review

You know something is really working when it leaves your skin tingling in a good way and that is certainly the case when it comes to Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo.

Sadly I appeared to develop a dry scalp over the last year or so, and for months I wasn't able to figure out what was causing it. I'd annoyingly tried everything, using less products, washing my hair more, washing my hair less, but nothing was helping so I really needed to rethink my hair care situation. After getting nowhere fast with this, it was eventually a trip to the hair dresses where I found my hair knight in shinning armour. I was recommended the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and, so far, it's doing a pretty decent job.

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo Review

This shampoo is designed to invigorate your scalp and wake up your hair but I've found it's been great for my dry scalp. It recommends you only use a pea size amount to wash your whole hair but I find that for thick hair like mine a small amount doesn't lather up enough to wash from root to tip. Because of this, and the fact it is a tad on the expensive side, (£11.55 - way more then I'd normally spend on shampoo) I use that pea sized amount and only wash my problem area, the roots and scalp. Of course I then wash the rest of my hair with some normal, cheaper shampoo!

I leave it on the roots for a few minutes and it really starts to work its magic by getting the scalp tingling. Not only does it smell amazing and fill you're whole bathroom with a refreshing tea tree scent, when I use it in the morning I find the tea tree smell really helps to wake me up.

Since using the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo I've noted a real improvement with my dry scalp; to the point where the problem actually isn't there anymore. I started off using the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo every time I washed but quickly reduced the use down to once a week, and my dry scalp doesn't seem to be coming back. I've being using it for a good 3 months and have barely made it half way down the bottle so, despite the price tag, it's actually worth the money.

I've seen others compare this to the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo for the reason that they both claim to detox the hair. However, I have to say they are totally different. The Sunday Shampoo helps get rid of any build up from products such as gels, sprays and creams, and although using these products could be the cause of some peoples dry scalps, the Sunday Shampoo doesn't sooth or calm the scalp like the Paul Mitchell shampoo does.

All in all this shampoo is a must for anyone who is having scalp issues, and actually, it would be great for those that aren't too. It's made my hair shinier, healthier and I even think it's made my hair cleaner for longer. I couldn't recommend it enough. 

Have you guys tried this shampoo? If so what are you thoughts? Or do you use any other shampoo's to nourish, strengthen or help repair your hair. Let me know below.

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This sounds like such a lovely shampoo! I have loads of back ups for shampoos at the moment so definitely don't need to buy any more any time soon but I'll definitely keep it on my list to try in the future! For detoxing my hair, I've been using the Toni & Guy Cleanse Shampoo once a week and I've found it really stops my hair from being weighed down.

    Sophie x | Essential Twenty

    ReplyDelete

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig