Monday, 10 October 2016

Perfect Autumn Perfumes

There are a number of reasons as to why I love Autumn, I even listed some of them in a little post here, but one of the things I look forward to the most is Autumn scents. Pumpkin and Vanilla scented candles are something that gets me very excited about the months where the days get shorter and the air gets colder but swapping up the perfumes I use is also another scent experience I look forward to.

Gone are the months of fruity, florally and sharp scents and in come the musky, woody and cedar like aromas that I completely love. I totally love androgynous scents that are the perfect mix of feminine beautifulness with masculine warmness and these two hit those requirements perfectly. So, here are my perfect Autumn perfumes.  

Diptyque Philosykos and Elizabeth and James Nivarna Black

Diptyque Philosykos is a lovely deep scent that has the perfect balance of fig and cedar undertones. Although it has an underlining muskiness to the scent it also gives a great freshness that brightens up this perfume; which is totally welcomed. Philosykos also gives off the perfect amount of woodiness and hints of bark that warms the undertones of this scent. With ingredients including fresh leaf and green fruit, this fragrance really is the perfect combination on deep and crips that eases you into those full blown winter scents.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is another wood smelling scent which incorporates sandalwood with vanilla to create a sweet but warm combination of undertones. This scent does have more floral incense with hints of violet that brightens up the deeper tones of this perfume. This is definitely the more androgynous of the two and is perfect for an Autumn evening.

So here are my top two perfumes for the Autumn months. I love them both so much and couldn't possibly choose my favourite between them. Have you tried either of these? What are you favourite perfumes now the year is coming towards the end? Let me know below.

Thanks for reading,
Hannah xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Day In The Life Of A Northern Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig